Creative Strategic Communications
March 5, 2014 - 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Standard Price: $795
Member Price: $545
- The essentials of a communication plan that works
- How do you know you’ve moved the needle? Measure your outcomes!
- Blend social media, multi-media and traditional media without overwhelming employees
- Change your writing style when you move from blogs to podcasts, print to the intranet
Praise for Cindy and Steve:
| Crescenzo Communications
| Crescenzo Communications
|"(Steve's seminar) dramatically changed the trajectory of our internal communication efforts. It was a seismic shift noticed at the highest levels of our organization...If you have the chance to attend—don't miss it!"
—Kathy Baeir, Lockheed Martin
"In my thirty years experience with an aerospace company that advocates professional development, very few seminars have provided practical value, but this one did. Thank you,"
—Michael Smalley, Manager, Communications & Advertising, Crane Aerospace & Electronics
"I was able to bring back some great strategies for my group and also have a renewed sense in my ability to perform my own research and question the way we have always done things. Great course!"
—Megan Wolfinger, AltaLink
"This is the first seminar that made me laugh like I was visiting a comedy club, but also allowed me to walk away with invaluable information."
—Angelica Evans, Johns Hopkins
"I thought the presentation style with the hand-offs between Steve and Cindy was great, the current real-life examples very engaging, and the whole ‘show' to be well-prepared with a good flow. I learned a lot, and will take back some great techniques to refine on the job. I'd definitely recommend this to other communicators."
—Anthony Chu, Federal Aviation Administration
"I can't say enough about the Strategy Ladder that was presented. I couldn't get moving on rolling out an initiative, and it's exactly what I needed to get started. Thank you!"
—Patricia Kelly, Pfizer
Leading communication experts Cindy and Steve Crescenzo teach you how to link creative communications to the goals of your organization.
Strategic communication has never been more important. New media, social integration, changing demographics, shifting corporate cultures, global challenges, the constant need to stay ahead and on top—all these mean a massive shift in how organizations communicate to audiences from employees to communities to the world at large.
This is the only one-day workshop that covers research, planning, measurement and tactics. It includes dozens of case studies on social media, print, video, podcasts, and many channels and vehicles that impel success.
Walk away with the big picture, the how-to tactics and tangible take-aways to carry out what you learned in this workshop—instantly!
You'll learn how to:
- Develop powerful research
- Build your communication plan
- Design strong tactics
- Key on the best channels to optimize your message
- Measure your outcomes
- Use social media and multi-media tools to energize your communications
- Build a communication strategy that makes you shine
Take this first step to high-power communications. This practical, field-tested, four-step system will give you the tools to stay focused, on track and in the lead:
Step #1: Research
Communication starts with listening. That's what good research is: listening to your audiences.
- What they think vs. what they know: how to use both qualitative and quantitative research
- How to interview executives, which, done properly, establishes you as a business partner and builds support for your plan
- The best strategies for conducting focus groups, making sure they don't turn into gripe sessions, but instead yield tons of useful information—and ammunition for changing how you communicate
- Survey dos and don'ts—write a survey that fuels your plan
- Pull it all together—how to report and use the insights you uncover
Step #2: Planning
The strategic plan is the cornerstone of any great communication program. You'll create one, step by step.
- The essentials of a successful communication plan
- How to win approval of your communication plan
- Incorporate the most important information—your research from Step #1—into your plan
- How to get it done. You have your plan, now what? Install a system to ensure the right message gets into the right vehicle at the right time
- How to budget for your communication plan. What good is a plan if you can't afford to carry it out?
Step #3: Tactics and channels
This is the fun part. Once we've listened to our audiences and crafted our plan, it's time to get to work. Communicators have so many tools—social media, multi-media, online tools, print publications, face-to-face programs—how do you use them all together?
- How to blend social media, multi-media, etc., and traditional tools so you avoid overloading employees with information
- How to use multimedia tools—without blowing your budget
- How to revamp your print publications into powerhouse vehicles, and integrate them with online tools so they work together—not compete
- How to change your writing style when you move from blogs to podcasts, print to the intranet
- How to coach your leaders to understand that social media tools are more than new channels—they're a new way to communicate to employees
Step #4: Measurement
No communication plan is perfect. Nothing works all the time. That's why it's crucial that communicators find out what works and what doesn't. Are you changing behavior? Are you hitting your goals? Are your channels working?
- How to measure outcomes, not outputs. Know if you're really moving the needle
- The most effective measurement tools—online polls, surveys, interviews, roundtable discussions, and even suggestion boxes!
- How often to measure: Every six months? Once a year? Every single day?
- Quick, affordable measurement tools to use year-round—quick polls, story-rating