Does your own writing bore you?
Are you suffering from permanent writer's block?
Do you need new inspiration for your employee publications?
Then come to this summit to join your peers and learn from the highest-rated speakers in corporate communications writing!
You'll learn how to:
- Create a powerful corporate mythos that connects your audience to your company mission and values
- Connect to your audiences with a rich narrative woven with proven storytelling devices, including pacing, dialogue and wordplay
- Make things simple and easy to understand without "dumbing them down"
- Make even the driest, most corporate topics come alive
- Find the right people to interview and get them to say something quotable
- Develop sources inside your organization to stay ahead of the news
- Tap into the top three employee publications from the Ragan Employee Communications Awards competition and the elements that make them amazing
- Make your publication indispensable to employees: Practice "Refrigerator Journalism"
Take this 30-second true-false quiz to determine whether this event is for you:
- My employees LOVE our intranet
- I am having fun as a writer and editor
- My intranet has an immediately recognizable voice
- I can frame a persuasive 20-minute speech in a half hour
- I know the 10 principles of writing with clarity
- I can identify the five most common mistakes writers make
- I can repeat the three essential rules for grabbing and keeping employee interest
- My copy never violates the No. 1 rule of good writing: NEVER bore people!
If your heart fell as you read down this list, you should seriously consider whether our conference could change your attitude toward your work for good. (If you answered "true" to all of these, please submit a résumé to speak at our next event.)
Presented by Ragan Communications