11:00 a.m.–12:45 p.m.
Corporate Video Virtual Training Class
Drew Keller says: "There are no video 'Rules.'"
Only guidelines, and not many of those.
If you're looking for a guaranteed corporate video formula, you've already made a big mistake. There are no hard-and-fast rules. There also aren't any guarantees.
Every video, like every situation in life, is totally new. A new video means a new environment, a new idea, a completely new story. Every video.
It's NOT like a manufacturing process—although we sometimes wish it were—which you figure out once and you're done with it for months or years.
In this fast-paced two-hour session, Drew, a professor of creative videography at the University of Washington who's shot hundreds of corporate videos for Microsoft and others, and who's viewed and judged thousands more, will get you solidly started.
- The one thing you must think about in pre-production to avoid failing at the start
- The "Four Peaks" of shaping great video content
- The seven steps to powerful video storytelling: Does your video embody them?
- Why an improvised script practically guarantees your video will fall flat
- The best length for a memorable corporate video
- How to get around the "one main idea per video" guideline
- How the "two-column" script format works
- Why the videographer who blinks into the camera shoots the best videos
- . . .and much more
|Drew Keller is an award-winning television producer, editor, Web developer and educator.
12:45 p.m.–1:15 p.m.
1:15 p.m.–2:15 p.m.
How to build on your viral video: Solidify your new fan base with good content and bring paid, earned and owned media into your compaign
Learn how a team of PR and marketing professionals created a viral video for The Coca-Cola Company that got millions of views and how they were able to extend that campaign globally and create a platform for growth with new content and a Facebook hub.
Coca-Cola and Definition 6 will elaborate on how to create shareable video content, how to best use your owned media platforms to communicate your message and how they turned a one-off campaign into a communication plan. You will learn about Coca-Cola's "Where Will Happiness Strike Next" ("WWHSN") campaign, its second foray into video with the "Happiness Truck," and how the "WWHSN" Facebook hub brought all the campaign elements together.
Attend this session and you will learn:
- How to measure the success of a viral campaign
- How to be brave and take risks to develop award-winning campaigns
- How to create content sharable by your brand's regional markets for replicable success
- Effective uses for paid, earned and owned media
- Marketing and PR campaign-seeding strategies that deliver results
|AJ Brustein is a Senior Global Brand Manager at The Coca-Cola Company.
|Paul McClay is the Director of Strategy and Media at Definition 6.